Sunday, January 1, 2012

2.0.1.2.

So yeah. It's 2012.

Weird.
But I thought this might be a good time to share my opinion on the new year with you.

I believe that the start of a new year, is the start of a new life, so to speak. When I look at my life exactly a year ago, and how different it was, it's insane. And I am definitely not where I thought I would be back then. In fact, everything is pretty much the opposite of what I thought it would be. But I believe that everything happens for a reason, and I know I'm exactly where I am supposed to be. And you are too, even if it might not feel like it. I know some of you might be in a hard place as the new year starts, and thinking that this year is going to suck already. But just know that you are where God wants you to be. And that yes, you might face hardships in the coming year, but they are going to be part of what makes you, you.

I believe that life, and love are worth fighting for, worth living for. We face exceptional challenges in life, but with these hardships, we obtain experiences. The things that break us in life are the very things that also build us up. New Year's Eve is a reminder to reflect upon our year of new experiences. Maybe it is commercial holiday, marketed, exploited...but I believe that it's a night to celebrate the culmination of the year, to recognize the things that made 2011...2011. New Year's Eve is my favorite "holiday", because when that ball hits the platform at midnight, and people cry, and kiss, they DO change. It's a time when nobody will look down on themselves for recognizing the need to change. It's a time to look back on mistakes you made, forgive yourself for them, and laugh. A time to realize that no matter how awful you have it, or how miserable you feel, there is one thing constant about life- it goes on. And EVERY day is a new start.

Blessings to all of you in the New Year. Let's make 2012 better than 2011 was. (for the love of God. 2011 kinda sucked.)

Bye guys. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment