Friday, January 20, 2012

Forts, Barbara Streisand, and Boyfriend.

So today was an in-service day for my school. Which, obviously, meant only one thing last night.

Yesterday, as soon as we were all out of classes, me and my friends ran around excitedly, yelling about how we didn't have class tomorrow and we were gonna party ALL. NIGHT. LONG.
So, of course, we did what any average college students do when they party.
Alcohol? No.
Drugs? No.
Building a fort out of our mattresses and bedframes?
.......YES.


We proceeded to turn the dorm room into a magical fort of girlyness and wonder that rivaled all other forts. Seriously. It was the fort of all forts. Eight of us piled in and proceeded to "party". Which, to us, involved playing Apples to Apples, Are You a Werewolf (in which I was the werewolf a total of one time and was BEAST at it- I killed EVERYONE without getting caught. ....Metaphorically, of course.) , and MASH- which I refused to take part in because I am irrationally superstitious, but it's hilarious to find out who's going to end up married to Hugh Jackman, or have a future career as Conan O' Brian's personal groomer. Of course, the whole "no class tomorrow" ordeal led to us staying awake until ridiculously late hours- 4 AM, to be exact. I felt kinda like this.




So, needless to say, I slept for a good thirteen hours straight. I didn't wake up until around 5:30 PM. I felt kinda like this. I was informed by a friend of mine that when you sleep for more than nine hours, it doesn't count as sleep anymore, and I was told that the feat I had accomplished (sleeping for thirteen+ hours) was classified as hibernation.

So. Moving on.

Random fact about me- When I sleep during the day, I have ridiculously vivid dreams. It's pretty much the most awesome thing ever. It's like having movies on demand behind my eyelids. Except I can't really choose what I want to see. But whatever. It's still cool.

Anyway, I was in the middle of having, like, the best dream EVER. I don't know how it happened, but I had suddenly morphed into Barbara Streisand and I was singing that one song from Funny Girl that goes "I'd rather be blueeeeeeee, thinking of youuuuuu, I'd rather be blueeeee over youuuu, than be happyyyyyyy with someeeeebooodddyyy ellsseeeeee........." And I was totally rocking it. Like forreal. People in the crowd were sobbing over the heartbreaking beauty of my voice, when all of a sudden the loud, irritating sound of my Jason Derulo ringtone breaks into my fantasy dreamland and wakes me up. Needless to say, I was upset that my performance was over. I reached over groggily to pick up my phone. I had a text message from Boyfriend. The conversation that followed went like this.

BOYFRIEND- "Hey! What are you doing?"

ME- "I'm laying in bed."

BOYFRIEND- "You should write more of your book so you can finish it and make me a copy :)"

ME- "I'm too lazy to get out of bed and get my laptop..."

BOYFRIEND-"You just gonna sleep all day?"

ME- "Um no. At five I totally intend to go eat dinner."

BOYFRIEND-"That sounds boring."

ME- "Nope. Because when I sleep during the day I have super awesome dreams." (Which he had so rudely interrupted.)

At this point, Boyfriend cleverly (and sadistically) waited about an hour, enough time for me to fall back asleep and start dreaming about being a heroine in a gas station that was held up by the bad weasel guys from "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?". And THEN sent me the following text.

BOYFRIEND- "Don't fall asleep!!!!"

To which I responded-

"WHY?!??! >:(" Not "why" as in "why should I not fall asleep" but "why" as in "WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME YOU TWISTED BUTTHEAD??"

Then he said-

"Did I wake you up?"

ME- "YES."

BOYFRIEND- "Awesome :)"

ME- "I'm turning my phone on silent."


This is just the kind of relationship we have.


Anyway, unable to go back to sleep, I decided to go with my friends to the lobby of our dorm and watch Rent. Which is what I'm doing right this moment and why I must end this post because it's hard to blog and sing along at the same time.

Bye!!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment