Friday, July 2, 2010

THREE AND A HALF MILES IS TOO FAR.





So!

I was sitting at home today thinking, "Man. I wish I was all fit and healthy. I know somewhere under all the fat is a toned BEAST just waiting to come out." And JUST as I was wishing I had a companion to get fit with, My best friend AUBREE updated her facebook status asking if anyone wanted to go walking this evening with her. And I was like, ME ME ME ME ME!!!!!!!

So after a lovely afternoon of going to Wal-Mart and buying new bandcamp clothes for next week (eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!) I drove right over to Aubree's house.

Now, before I tell you about our walk, I should tell you about Aubree. First of all, THIS is a picture of Aubree and I at the last game of the season Junior year.






She's adorable, yes?
Yes. Although I believe I had just gotten done crying in this picture due to the fact it was the last game for all the seniors.

Moving on.



Aubree and I were friends from first grade to eighth grade. Freshman year we spent two whole semesters hating each other due to a childish fight that we laugh about now once in a while. But sophomore year we got over it and became bff again :) Yaaayyyyy happy endings. Anyway, last year we had anatomy together. Which was FANTASTIC, because both of us are extremely immature and therefore found pretty much everything in that class hilarious. Our anatomy teacher eventually got so fed up she moved us to opposite ends of the classroom so we wouldn't talk through the class.

Which didn't do her any good whatsoever, because all she succeeded in doing was making us YELL across the room so we could communicate instead of just talking. So she moved us back after like three days.

Aubree is also an essential part of my band experience. It is said in the Maroon Machine Marching Band that you are NOT actually a band member until you have been yelled at by Aubree and hit on by one of the Webber boys, who play bass drum and tuba. Aubree takes band very seriously, especially now that she is a senior. I said to her one time,

"IF ANY OF THESE NEW LITTLE BAND PEOPLE RUIN MY SENIOR SEASON, I WILL GO ANAKIN SKYWALKER ON THEM AND CHOP OFF THEIR LITTLE HEADS WITH A LIGHTSABER."


and she said back,

"YODA WOULD NOT APPROVE."

See why I love her?
Anyway.

So I went to Aubree's house so we could walk. And I thought that maybe we would walk around the little path at the elementary school. or maybe around the football field.

No, sir.

Aubree decided we were going to walk from the bandroom, down to the middle school. around the block to the gas station, up main street to the main part of Eclectic, down the road to the church, past the church to Panther Palace, back to the highschool's practice field, around the field, past the fieldhouse, and back to the bandroom.

Oh yes. I wanted to kill her.

THREE AND A HALF MILES.


It's TOO FAR for someone as out of shape as I am. My legs hurt. I hope Aubree feels bad. VERY bad.



.......Ouch. :(



No comments:

Post a Comment