Saturday, July 3, 2010

The Things I Think About at 1:30 AM

Ok so I know the LAST thing you probably want to hear right now is another whiny "poor me" post. But if I cant be a whiner here, where can I?

I just keep marveling at how fast time has gone by.


"We do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is merely a vapor, that appears for a little time, and then vanishes in the wind." --James 4:14

See?? Even God says our lives are ridiculously short. I hate it! I hate that my life is going by so fast. I feel like I closed my eyes to blink in like the second grade and when I opened them again I was halfway done with my Junior year.


I think one of the biggest ironies about time in general is that when we want time to go by as fast as possible (say, during a long car ride or maybe while you're in a class at school that you really REALLY hate- cough*CALCULUS*cough*) it trickles by like molasses in long, dragging lulls. And when you want time to slow down, so that you can take the little moments of happiness in your life and cherish them for as long as possible, time snaps you forward brutally whether you like it or not. It's just awful. It's like life is one big 'GOTCHA!!!' All the little cliches, they're true!


You really DON'T know what you have until it's gone.




Time DOES fly, sometimes even when you're NOT having fun.




There's no place like home....



And life IS like a box of chocolates- and death is like an allergy to peanuts that you don't even know you have until you find that ONE freakin chocolate with the peanut in it.



Yes yes, I have decided now that our lives are one huge joke. I just wish I knew the punchline.

No comments:

Post a Comment