Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Nothing Gold Can Stay. And Apparently Neither Can Anything Maroon and White.

I'd like to take a moment here to re-post a section of a entry I wrote on here at the beginning of my senior year. I was looking back on old posts and I saw this, and it was seriously surreal to me for a number of reasons.... haha :) Hopefully you guys will find it as funny as I did. :)


Ahem. So here it is.



"You know what sucks?

Time. Time SUCKS. It really, honestly does.

Flashback to first grade...


I was sitting on the floor with my friend Ford. We were arranging pictures of different objects into the categories of solids, liquids, and gases. After we had gotten done laughing about the word 'gas' (its all very funny when you're six years old) we kinda looked at each other. And I guess we had what you could call a tiny little six-year-old epiphany. He sighed and said, "I can't believe we have twelve more years of this. It's TEN MORE YEARS till we can even drive!" And I said "Yea, I know...people say it goes by really fast, but...I don't think it will...do you?" We gave each other a look, and burst out laughing. "Nah," he said. "We're gonna be in elementary school FOREVER."

And now, Ford and I are both seniors in high school.

WHAT HAPPENED?????

When did I get so old? I mean, really. Right at this moment I am wearing a class ring and my senior shirt. My SENIOR SHIRT. Because I am a SENIOR.

A SENIOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I totally cannot handle this....."




Now, if that's how I felt at the beginning of my senior year, imagine how I'm feeling NOW.

It's been a solid TWELVE YEARS since Ford and I sat on that floor making dumb little six-year-old jokes about gas.


I can't believe how fast time has gone by. If time was going the speed that I FELT it was going, I would still be somewhere in freshman year. It's going about four years too fast for me. I feel like life is one giant carousel. I just want to go up to someone and be like,

"Can you stop the ride, please?? It's going too fast and making me dizzy. I want to get off before I barf up my candied apple."



I just feel like highschool went so fast....UGH! And now all the Facebook statuses I see from my friends are along the lines of


"Moving out in five days! So excited!"

"Goodbyes are hard...."

"Wooooooooo!! Hello, College life!!!"


And I'm like...WAIT! WHERE ARE YOU ALL GOING?!? WE CAN'T BE THROUGH WITH HIGH SCHOOL YET!!! I'M NOT READY!!


And then I look around at all the bags and boxes packed in my bedroom and I realize, I'm in the exact same place they are. I'm moving out in less than a week.


For COLLEGE.


....Like......COLLEGE.




COLLEGE, WHERE I WILL BE ALONE WITHOUT MY PARENTS OR ANY OF MY HIGH SCHOOL FRIENDS.




Not that I'm nervous or scared or anything....I mean, I'm EXCITED. It's just all so surreal to me. And I look back on that old post and I think....Dang girl, you don't even know...haha. Before you can take a breath they boot you out of school with a diploma and you just kinda stand there in your cap and gown, clueless as to what you're supposed to do. I mean, after twelve years of the same routine, you get used to it. And it's weird to think it won't BE that way anymore.


HOWEVER.


I have always been a big advocate for change. I keep saying to myself over and over, CHANGE IS GOOD.

So, with all that being said, I would like to close by saying that the adventure called high school might be over, but the EPIC sequel called COLLEGE is only just beginning. And I can't wait to see where it takes me.


Peace :)

No comments:

Post a Comment