Monday, July 2, 2012

Links, Floorboards, College Survival, Drama, and Life.

Tadaaaa!

Finally, the blog review I have been promising all of you :) I'm sorry I'm such a terrible person and this is like a week late. But whatever.

If this is your first time visiting my blog, this will probably be a rather dry and boring post for you to read. After checking out the following blogs, I suggest you go here and read that post instead, because it is probably my favorite post I've ever written, besides the one about deceptively evil raccoons.

With that being said, lets get this show on the road!!

BLOG NUMBER ONE-

A Link To The Matt


I think I should give you an overview of what my good friend and blogging partner Matt does on his blog before I tell you what I think of it. Mondays through Fridays, he does a Top Five list, which so far has included Top Five Distractions From God AND Top Five Most Anticipated Movies of 2012.  The Top Fives regress as the week goes on, starting with Number Five and ending the week with Number One, keeping you in suspense all week :) The weekend is pretty much whatever Matt feels like posting, and so far these are my favorite posts. He also randomly posts awesome Youtube videos, links to pages he likes, and he also promotes other blogs that he is a fan of. Including mine. Bravo, Matt. :) Also, brownie points to anyone who can guess the reference behind Matt's blog name.

Now, I have to be brutally honest here. Matt's blog isn't usually my type of reading. HOWEVER, when I read THIS post, it was so thought-provoking and mentally stimulating, I HAD to read more. Even if you're not into God or church, I highly suggest checking out his Top Five Distractions From God. It opened my own eyes to some of the things I might be doing in my life to prevent God from fully doing what He wants to do. Matt also wrote a post on the Obamacare bill that I literally applauded him for when I read it. There's been so much facebook drama and mudslinging going on about the bill that I loved that someone FINALLY had some sense.

Overall, Matt's dry sense of humor, coupled with his good common sense and Christian values, makes this blog a winner in my book!!! Here is his link below.

http://www.mattestes.net/alinktothematt/

I wish Matt the best of luck with his venture into the blogging world!!!

BLOG NUMBER TWO-

From Under The Floorboards


The mere existence of this blog came as a surprise to me, since the writer is a dear friend of my family and I had no idea anyone else in the family blogged. So, obviously, I was extremely excited to go check it out. However, it was a little different than what I expected.

From Under The Floorboards is not what you would think a normal blog would be. Instead of a literary blog, like mine and the rest of the ones the I am reviewing, THIS blog is strictly for exhibiting illustrations, designs, art, and paintings, all done by the author himself. There is even a video of stop motion animation he did that is pretty awesome!!! I don't know if you all are as cultured and sensitive to the world of art as I am (YES that was sarcasm), but if you are a lover of art, snimation, sketches, or just beautiful things, you should definitely check this blog out. I know I will now be a faithful follower of From Under the Floorboards. I especially recommend the videos of watercolor transitions and stop motion animation he has. Way cool.

As a whole, I like the design and atmosphere of this blog. The art is wonderful and I can't wait to see more! Check out From Under the Floorboards here-

http://flatterland-fromunderthefloorboards.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2010-09-06T12:42:00-07:00&max-results=7



BLOG NUMBER THREE-

COLLEGE SURVIVAL

Ahhhh. This blog is near and dear to my heart, as it's author is one of my best friends and my most favorite person in the world, just because she is the only person I can reveal my true horrible self to and she doesn't judge me. We love to be terrible human beings together.

Anyway, this has got to be one of my favorite blogs to follow, just because it's so darn hilarious. This post in particular is my favorite, and as a result of reading it, I will never look at Thanksgiving the same way ever again. The namesake of the blog comes from this post, which is absolutely hysterical and 100 percent true. College is no joke, and if you want to survive it, this blog is essential. Seriously. I cannot impress upon you how much you need to read this.

This blog is fairly new, so it needs time to grow and for the author to develop her writing style. BUT it is still one of the funniest things I've ever read, and I can't wait to see what kind of stuff she posts next. I definitely give this blog a supermegafoxyawesomehot on a scale of 1-10.

And any of you who don't know that reference should just go die.

Check out the Rules Of College here-

 http://rulesofcollege.blogspot.com/





BLOG NUMBER FOUR-

It's Just Jordan


Another blog that is dear to me. The author, Jordan, is a special friend of mine from my old high school drama club days, and we still keep in touch pretty regularly. He is the one who dubbed me with my drama club nickname, "McLovin", and I, in return started calling him "McNugget".

We're a pretty fierce pair. Especially when it comes to bashing my ex boyfriends and wishing they had testicular cancer.

Anyway, his blog is an interesting and humorous insight into the life of a regular high school theater geek.  His blog is close to mine in nature in that Jordan pulls from his real-life experiences to write funny posts. This post reminds me so much of myself it's hilarious. I started laughing as soon as I saw the title. "I Hate Everything". It's just such an accurate description of how I felt about high school in general. I love this post as well, just because it randomly, creepily mentions how awesome I am. Thanks, Jordan. :)

Overall, if you want to see what life in high school is like these days for us thespians, this is definitely the blog for you to follow. Witty, humorous, and brutal honesty about the hardships of high school life. Jordan, I love how your blog has evolved over the years and I'm so proud of you!!!!

Guys, I command you to go check out his blog here-

 http://justmethetheatregeek.blogspot.com/


BLOG NUMBER FIVE- 

Life

This blog is new to me, and so I spent quite a while checking it out before I wrote this post about it. It is a new blog (There seem to be a LOT of new blogs lately. Hooray for new blogging friends!!! ALL OF YOU SHOULD START BLOGS!!!! Except not really, because then that's more competition for me...) and so there are few posts for me to get a feel of what the blog is about. The title pretty much sums it up- Life. Like the previous blog, It's Just Jordan, this blog is a look into high school life, only this time from the perspective of a girl. Who also happens to be a band geek. Bravo. :)

The author hands out valuable life advice in this blog. Advice on relationships, bullying, and just about how to survive the suckishness of Mondays. The blog, like I said, is new, and I feel like the writing could use a little more developing as far as style and presentation. But overall, it has ENDLESS possibilities and I am excited to see how it evolves with the author. I give it a ten! Especially on the post that tells you if life hands you lemons, squirt them in people's eyes. The mental images here are hysterical.

Give this blog a read by going to the following link-


http://mypassionatewriting.blogspot.com/


BLOG NUMBER SIX (And thank God, it's the last one. My fingers are starting to cramp.)


Kingdom Rejuvination



Another new blog, but one I ABSOLUTELY CANNOT TAKE MY EYES OFF OF. Seriously guys, this blog is full of truths that so many Christians are finding hard to face these days. I can't stop reading it. It's so wonderful I can't even pick a post I want to feature on this review. All I can do is tell you to get off your lazy butts and go read it, and hope you OBEY.

I love the hardheaded and honest way the author looks at controversial Christian issues and gives her honest opinion on them. I love the writing style. I love the presentation of the posts. I love the author, too :) I highly, HIGHLY recommend you read it. And I'm sorry I can't write more on it, but I don't want to risk repeating myself over and over, going "OHMYGAH IT'S AWESOME GO READ IT NOW", because I'm pretty sure that's all it would be. So just read it.

GO. NOW.

http://kingdomrejuvenation.blogspot.com/




That's all for the blog review guys. I'll post again on Friday. I have a feeling this post will involve pie.....

kbye,










No comments:

Post a Comment