Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Old enemies, Salsa, Life Confessions, and Sonic Booms.

Hello my dears. :) Today was a life changing day in the severely confusing story that is the life of Myra Boulware.

You know how you have those people that you despise and you are pretty darn positive that you will never like them again in your whole life,the kind of people that even if by some cruel twist of fate you were stranded on a desert island with, you would rather talk to a coconut than them?

Yeah, I called one of those people up today.

Because I realized, all that pent-up emotion is SO not good for my new college girl mojo I got goin' on. Also, the whole situation between us (which is far too complicated to go into detail on) was pretty stupid. So I was just like, yo, Imma call this girl. (Whose name is Kayla, by the way.) So I did.

Two hours later, we were having dinner with some other amazing friends like nothing had ever happened in the first place. (Among those amazing friends is a chick names Alex, who also has an AMAZING blog. Go check it outttttt- http://www.oliveoil661.blogspot.com/ )


So yeah, I was feelin pretty good about life at this point. I had three friends I was laughing and talking with, I had a shrimp quesadilla, I had a new dress on....Yeah, I was gettin' my single-girl swag on. :) After that, we all went to my wonderful friend Rosemary Perdue's house (She ALSO has a blog, and she sells some pretty cool stuff....(http://thingsiloveandthinkabout.blogspot.com/)

ANYWAY, when we got back, Alex decided we were gonna do some good, old-fashioned facebook creepin'. Don't even PRETEND you haven't done that. That's the POINT of facebook. Mostly, we looked at profiles of illegally attractive guys. Which was lovely. :)

THEN, we decided the chairs in the kitchen where we were sitting were too uncomfortable to sit in any longer....so we moved to the couch in the living room, where we found a highly informative book on astrology and "Your Star Sign and What It Means". Can I just say, we Scorpios are apparently some FREAKY people. The word "seductive" was ALL OVER that page. And, apparently, Alex likes to browse antique shops. Go figure.

Anyway, as we were sitting on the couch innocently reading, all of a sudden we hear this-


BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kayla and Alex jump about, oh, seven and a half inches off the sofa, I scream like someone has just shot me, and then we all sit there, our eyes as big as dinner plates, and just stare at each other. Then Kayla screams, "ROSEY!!!!! SOMEONE'S TRYING TO BLOW UP THE WORLD!!!!!!" Alex subsides into nervous giggles, and I sit there just waiting for the terrorists to bust through the windows. Rosemary walks in, all nonchalant, and is all, "Oh yeah, did I forget to mention they so SWAT team training on this road sometimes?"

WELL, Rosey, I guess you forgot to mention that ONE LITTLE DETAIL. Thank you for allowing me to ALMOST HAVE A HEART ATTACK AND DIE.


After that, we tried to keep talking normally, but we all kept nervously looking toward the window, just waiting for that next explosion. So after about half an hour of that, (which was also punctuated with annoying remarks and retarded laughter from Alex's little brother....I swear, children like that are why ORPHANAGES were invented.) we all decided to go home- with plans to hang out Friday all day. :)

So yes. I think the lesson I learned today (Among others, such as "burning things is theraputic", and "SWAT team training is scary") is that sometimes, the people you consider to be your greatest enemies, turn out to be the people you become the best of friends with.


Now if you'll all excuse me, I have to go now. I hear a very cozy bed calling my name and I hate to keep it waiting. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment