Sunday, July 10, 2011

So, explain this to me.....

I am not a pleased Myra right now.

I mean, I WAS.

Up until like ten minutes ago.

I have a question for you. How old do you have to be before your parents can stop bossing you around?

I'm dead serious here. Total respect for all you parents out here, but don't you think that by the time your children are eighteen and entering college, you should start letting them , oh, I don't know, THINK FOR THEMSELVES?!!?? I understand the whole "They're always gonna be a baby to me" mindset, but if I'm legally allowed to drive and vote and junk, I think I should be able to decide where I go and what I do with my time. I can't be 50 years old and asking my mom if I can go somewhere.

"Hey, can I go spend the night with...."

"NO!!! YOU'RE NOT MATURE ENOUGH TO MAKE YOUR OWN DECISIONS YET??? WHAT IF YOU END UP AT A STRIP JOINT OR DOING DRUGS?!?!"


".......Mom, I'm forty-seven....."



That's probably what my future looks like.

It's not like I'm an awful kid. I generally stick with the rules. Sure, I've broken them here and there, but it's not like I'm out hanging around with drug dealers. The worst thing my friends and I have done was almost get kicked out of WalMart because we got a little too rowdy during a scavenger hunt.

And that was a one time thing. And we TOTALLY apologized to that one greeter.


I'm just sick and tired of asking to do stuff that's totally harmless and normal, and getting a big fat, "NO WAY." Um, if I'm old enough to go to college and live on my own, I'm old enough to make my OWN decisions. When have I ever done something that was harmful or dangerous or reckless?? I mean come ON. I'm getting mixed signals here. One day it's all,

"MYRA ANN!!! PICK UP YOUR CLOTHES AND DO THE DISHES!!! YOU'RE MATURE ENOUGH TO HAVE RESPONSIBILITIES NOW!!!!"

And then its like,


"I'LL START TREATING YOU LIKE AN ADULT WHEN YOU START ACTING LIKE ONE!!! YOU'RE NOT MATURE ENOUGH TO MAKE YOUR OWN DECISIONS!!!!"

Um, hello? You're totally giving me whiplash here, 'rents. The bipolarness is way uncool.



I know this all sounds like whining.....but....I'm just upset. :(


I just wanna be thirty, flirty, and thriving. And making my own decisions. Like Jennifer Garner in that one movie. Except thirty is a little too old. I would make it twenty, flirty and thriving.

Except now it doesn't rhyme....


Crap.


I'm just gonna go eat ice cream and watch Glee now.

Because that's the MATURE thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment