Friday, July 15, 2011

This is why you don't go to the bathroom at 4 AM...

So, I think I officially have set a new record for laziness. I woke up at 6:30 today.

NOT AM.

...PM.

I might as well have just slept on through tonight too.

Anywho, not much has been going on....I've been mostly chillin at home, or hanging out with friends. I got to see my good friend Anna yesterday, which was great. :) She was actually my drum major my first year of marching band. She is a fabulous person. :) We had a nice long talk about our lives and caught up on all the stuff we had missed (which was a lot).

Also, I spent a highly entertaining night with one of my best friends, Brittany. :) The reason it was entertaining was that I had pulled an all-nighter the night before and she REFUSED to let me sleep until at least 8:30 that night, so my sleeping pattern would return to some semblance of normal. So the afternoon consisted of yelling at me when I dozed off, attempts at putting ice down my shirt, and forcing me to go swimming. I was displeased.
When bedtime finally rolled around, I was OUT. Like seriously. As soon as I laid down, I was gone.

HOWEVER.

Disaster struck in the form of a four AM bathroom trip, when I walked out to the hallway to find a male member of her family in the kitchen wearing....well....lets just leave it at the fact that he was scantily clad and I had to run into the bathroom at lightning speed to keep from bursting into laughter and revealing my presence. So when I returned to the bed, I started having giggling fits and couldn't go back to sleep. Brittany (who is a very light sleeper) rolled over and was all, "WHAT THE CRAP ARE YOU LAUGHING ABOUT AT FOUR AM?!??" And I couldn't stop laughing to tell her. Then in the middle of the laughter, I had a random moment of nausea....and had to go to the bathroom AGAIN so I wouldn't end up puking in the bed. When I got BACK, Brittany was getting UP because SHE had to barf too. So when SHE got back to bed, we were like....Great. It's four AM, we're both sick, Myra can't stop laughing....what do we do now???

Well, the answer was obvious.


Go to the kitchen for Sprite and sugar cookies.

It didn't make us feel much better, but those cookies were pretty good....

After that, we spent the remainder of the nighttime hours discussing whether there was someone under the bed (we ended up scaring ourselves to the point where neither of us wanted to get out of bed), talking about our future husbands (whose identities are as of now still unknown, BUT there are one or two interesting prospects), and it ended with me crying about all the things in my life that make me mad. But in the end I thought about that incident with the scantily clad man in her kitchen, and I started laughing again.....and by then it was time to get up, I hadn't gotten much sleep, and my sleeping schedule was STILL off kilter.

Which is how I ended up awake at almost four o'clock watching Glee re-runs.

Oh, life.....I wish you were more like Glee. I wish all my problems were solved with hour- long, simple homilies, and that music would play in the background of epic events so I could sing, if I felt so compelled. Also that I had a teacher that looked like Mr. Schuester. Because he is ten different kinds of attractive.

1 comment:

  1. O Myra, we must write a musical about our grand adventures!! =)

    ReplyDelete