Thursday, July 7, 2011

A Tribute To Otto!!!! You are more important than a grandma!




So, yesterday was a sad day for the Boulware household. We lost a member of our family. :( No, no, my parents and brother are fine...but our little cat Otto passed away on the operating table yesterday morning while he was supposed to be getting fixed. Which really threw everyone in the house into this dark depressing mood. Seriously. It was bad.

And at church last night when some kid (who I do not know and have never seen before in my life) asked me why I was sad, and I told him my cat had died, he looked at me like I was some freak and was all, "So? It's just a cat." And I was like, "WHAT?!?!?" And he replied, "Well, it's not like he was a person. It's sadder when a person dies. My grandma died last month." And so I looked right back at him and said, "SO???? It's just a grandma." And when he continued to look at me like I was from Mars, I went on, "Did GRANDMA ever sit in your lap and purr when you were feeling blue? Did good ol' GRANNY ever jump on your shoulder and lick your ears while you were sitting at the computer? Did she hiss at your boyfriend when you brought him home to meet the family because she could tell he was bad news?? I don't THINK so!!!!"


Now, you might be saying to yourself, "Myra.....don't you think that was a little unnecessary?"

To which I say....

NO.

Cats are just as important as grandmas.

Also, THIS particular cat happened to be a polydactyl, which is TOTALLY cool. Does YOUR grandma have eight toes on each paw???

Yeah, that's what I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment